Saturday, November 14, 2009

Paper Heart (2009)

NICK: So you say you don't believe in love now, but have you always felt that way?
CHARLYNE: I believed in it when I was a kid, but again, all my ideas about love kind of came from movies and faiy tales. And as I grew up I realized that life is nothing like that.
NICK: Was that 'cause you had your heart broken?
CHARLYNE: No. I've only ever had one boyfriend. I thought I really liked him. I thought he was all dark and mysterious and he had shadows under his eyes. But then I realized that was only because he was on drugs.

CHARLYNE: Well, I think everyone means something to someone. And we're all a bit skeptical, but I don't want to end up a lonely old spinster. I don't think anyone wants to.

CHARLYNE: The captain yelled through his megaphone, threatening to shoot, but I didn't care. And I told them that too. I told them, "I don't care! Life is too short to be wondering what if! Sometimes you just gotta live and see what happens, even if you get hurt. Sometimes you can only feel something if you take a risk. And I, Charlyne Yi, am taking that risk. Arghh-hh-hh!"

0 comments: